1. What is the overall thesis of this book? What are some of Becker's main points?
2. Paul provides a spectrum of psychological possibilities in confronting life and death (on one end is Eros, on the other end is Thanatos). Explain what these two main reactions mean, and describe the particular neuroses related to both of them.
3. Explain what existentialism is, especially related to the ideas of Soren Kierkegaard.
4. What are the main theories of Otto Rank as presented in the book?
5. How do you deny death in your own life? Give a detailed analysis connected to Becker's discussion in the book.